Dbz - Worlds Strongest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dbz - Worlds Strongest

Welcome to Dbz - Worlds Stongest's Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jays GM Application.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay
Newb
Newb
Jay

Jays GM Application. Empty
PostSubject: Jays GM Application.   Jays GM Application. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 4:41 pm

Character name: Miklo

Key name: Jay

MSN: Michal_Schaeds@hotmail.com

Skills: Mapping

GM Experience:
Bleach: Afterlife Genocide
Naruto Insane Blood Ninjas
Bleach: Rise of The Death Gods

Why we should choose you:

Well, experience is one thing, I've been a GM on a few games. Though others have likely had more experience I have learned that experience isn't the prime factor in being a GM. Dedication to the project and a positive attitude towards the role count for far more and I value them more than my past experiences as a GM. I find that too many people think of being a GM as simply a figure for punishing other players and having the opportunity to have power, however I go by the theory that you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I prefer to help people rather than punish them, I find that people will follow the rules to a greater extent if they feel that they're being treated fairly and well, so looking after the players is also a form of upholding the rules.

I'm a fairly social being, barring the period of time when I've just woken and refuse to function without coffee and a cigarette. However after that hurdle is jumped I enjoy talking to players, those I know and those I don't. This helps to monitor how much help an individual player needs, because the bottom line is that each player is an individual, with their own learning curve, and sometimes certain players will need more help than others. It also helps due to the fact that an accessable GM is more apt to hear about rule infractions that need to be dealt with, though I don't enjoy the punishment side of GMing it is a duty that comes with the role and has to be accepted as such. My punishments are by the book and fair, with varying consequences for different severities of infractions and the frequency of them.

I am not a fan of abuse, and never have been. I am not apt to abuse but can see when to take some "abuse" as a joke in good humour. BYOND games are not about power to me, they are casual games generally made for socializing and liesure, and as such I'd hope to be able to contribute to maintaining a pleasant atmosphere for players.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Kudos to Karma for writing this application.

Last edited by Jay on Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James
Newb
Newb

Jays GM Application. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jays GM Application.   Jays GM Application. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:04 am

lol jay Very Happy <--- Matt
Back to top Go down

Jays GM Application.
Page 1 of 1